What do I do if I have a claim?

Contact your broker as soon as possible to advise that you’ve had a loss. In cases of injury in a car accident, or if theft or break-in is involved, the police must be told as well. Once your insurance company has been advised, a claims specialist — called an adjuster — will be assigned to look after your claim. The amount you receive for your claim will depend on the type of coverage you bought.